This Ground Beef Gnocchi made with diced tomatoes and cream comes together quickly and will fill you up. It’s full of delicious, comforting flavors that everyone is sure to enjoy.
Ground Beef Gnocchi
I’ve only started cooking with gnocchi recently and I don’t know why I waited so long. I’ve really come to love them because they’re shelf-stable, inexpensive, filling and versatile. Plus, you can get them at the Dollar-Twenty-Five Tree making them fit into just about anyone’s budget. (If you’re looking for inexpensive meal ideas check out my post 15 Cheap Pantry Meals with 4-Ingredients or Less.)
What are Gnocchi?
Gnocchi are dumplings made of flour, semolina, or potatoes, boiled or baked and generally served with grated cheese or a sauce.
They will take on the flavors of what you put them with similar to pasta or rice. They’re like little potato pillows that work great in stir-fry, stew or even in a sheet pan dinner.
Today, I’m going to share my go-to quick and easy Ground Beef Gnocchi, that requires few ingredients and can be made in as little as 10 minutes.
I’ve found myself turning to this recipe over and over in the past few months because it’s just so easy and tastes amazing. I’d love for you to give it a try and let me know what you think!
Want more quick and easy weeknight dinner recipes? Here are a few of our favorites:
- Chili Cheese Dog Casserole
- BLT Pasta Salad
- Slow Cooker Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork
- Homemade Chicken Tetrazzini
What’s in Ground Beef Gnocchi?
- ground beef
- creole seasoning
- diced tomatoes with juices
- chicken or beef broth
- heavy whipping cream (may sub. half and half)
- uncooked potato gnocchi
- fresh diced green onion
- fresh minced parsley (optional)
- salt & pepper
How to Make Ground Beef Gnocchi:
In large saucepan, cook ground beef and diced onion over medium heat until beef is no longer pink.
Drain grease as desired.
Add garlic, creole seasoning, tomatoes, broth, whipping cream, gnocchi, green onion, parsley and salt/pepper to pan.
Allow mixture to come to a boil.
Reduce heat to medium and cover.
Allow to cook for 5 minutes or until gnocchi are soft and cooked through.
Serve warm and enjoy!
One Pan Creamy Ground Beef Gnocchi
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp creole seasoning
- 1 - 14 oz can diced tomatoes with juices
- 1/3 cup chicken or beef broth
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream may sub. half and half
- 1 pound uncooked potato gnocchi
- 1/4 cup fresh diced green onion
- 1 tsp fresh minced parsley optional
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In large saucepan, cook ground beef and diced onion over medium heat until beef is no longer pink.
- Drain grease as desired.
- Add garlic, creole seasoning, tomatoes, broth, whipping cream, gnocchi, green onion, parsley and salt/pepper to pan.
- Allow mixture to come to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and cover.
- Allow to cook for 5 minutes or until gnocchi are soft and cooked through.
- Serve warm and enjoy!