See how quick and easy it is to make a loaf of fresh homemade white bread in your bread machine that will melt in your mouth and makes the perfect side dish to any meal. This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one of these links, we will make a small commission at no extra cost to you. See our Disclosure Policy for more information. Thank you for your support.
Bread Machine White Bread
We all love a fresh slice of buttery bread hot from the oven, right? However, we don’t always have the time to baby the dough all day, which is why I love using my bread machine. It’s really as simple as throwing all of the ingredients into the machine, closing the lid and hitting a button.
It really is quite amazing that you can have soft and fluffy homemade bread with such little effort. The only hard part is remembering to get all of the ingredients into the bread machine early enough, so that your bread is ready at the appropriate time.
Once you see how easy it is to make homemade bread this way, you may want to make this a weekly ritual. Also, if you can’t afford a new bread machine, you may have luck finding them at a local thrift store. They are usually pretty abundant and cost a small fraction of the full price, so why not take a chance one one of them?
Follow Graceful Little Honey Bee on:
Pinterest | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube
Want more homemade bread recipes? Here are a few of our favorites:
- Homemade Soft Pretzels
- Homemade English Muffin Bread
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- Cheddar and Green Onion Biscuits
How to Make Bread Machine White Bread:
Place all ingredients in the bread machine in the order listed (or directed by the manufacturer).
Program the bread machine for the white bread cycle with your desired crust color.
Once the cycle time is complete, remove the bread pan from the bread machine and allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing the bread from the pan.
Place on a wired rack and allow to cool.
Slice bread using a serrated bread knife.
Tips for Making Bread in a Bread Machine:
- Check the temperature of the warm water on your wrist and make sure that it is warm, but not hot. You want it to be approximately 110 F.
- Be sure to add the ingredients into the bread pan in the order listed on the recipe.
- Once the cycle has begun and the dough has formed, you can check it to make sure that the dough is the right consistency. If it seems a bit dry, you can add 1 tbsp of water, if it seems a bit wet, you can add 1 tbsp of flour.
- Be sure to allow your bread to cool before slicing. This will help you to make nice even slices. You also want to make sure that you are using a serrated bread knife.
- You can store your leftover bread in an airtight container or ziplock bag for 3-5 days.
How to Make Bread Machine White Bread
- 1 cup warm not hot water
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 ¼ teaspoons active dry yeast or one packet
- Place all ingredients in the bread machine in the order listed (or directed by the manufacturer).
- Program the bread machine for the white bread cycle with your desired crust color.
- Once the cycle time is complete, remove the bread pan from the bread machine and allow to cool for 5 minutes before removing the bread from the pan.
- Place on a wired rack and allow to cool.
- Slice bread using a serrated bread knife.
Mynette Marsh says
Missy Rakes says
Jaimee R says
Keturah Wilbourn says
Jeff Jackson says
Melissa DiMauro says
Missy Rakes says
Vickie Griffin says
Cheryl Durling says
Julie Tummons says
Missy Rakes says
Barb Martens says
George Cheryl says
Grace Martin says