Whip up a batch of this low-carb Ham, Bacon and Ranch Green Pea Salad for a quick and delicious dinner idea or dish to bring to your next summer party.
Ham, Bacon and Ranch Green Pea Salad
Summer is coming and with it comes potlucks, cookouts and all kinds of outdoor get togethers.
I for one love grilling out on a beautiful spring or summer day surrounded by loved ones with nothing to do except eat good food and enjoy the company.
This pea salad is a great option to serve as a side dish at anyone of these kinds of parties because it can be made ahead of time, giving you more freedom to be with your guests.
Also, it makes a great low-carb option for those who are trying to cut carbs.
Of course you can customize this recipe to best fit your tastes. You could add bell pepper, broccoli or sausage to change it up and if you’re not counting carbs, then you could add a few cups of cooked pasta to make it into a more filling pasta salad.
Either way, this dish makes a delicious light weeknight supper or a filling side dish at any kind of get-together. I know you and your family will enjoy it.
Want more quick and easy summer recipes? Here are a few of our favorites:
- Cheesy Zucchini RIce
- Traditional 7-Layer Salad
- Old-Fashioned Zucchini Fritters
- Low-Carb Cheeseburger Bites
How to Make Ham, Bacon and Ranch Green Pea Salad:
Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Ham, Bacon & Ranch Green Pea Salad
- 1 - 12 ounce package frozen peas, thawed
- ½ pound cooked ham diced
- 6 to 8 slices bacon cooked and chopped
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- ⅓ cup ranch salad dressing
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Serve cold.