This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one of these links, we will make a small commission. See our Disclosure Policy for more information.
If you’ve been following me for any length of time, then you know how much I love a good muffin recipe, especially a delicious one like these Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins.
I think muffins are great because they can be made in advance for quick snacks and breakfasts throughout the week. Just add a protein and a fruit for a wholesome start to your day. They can also be made and kept in the freezer for when you don’t have the time to cook.
We eat all kinds of muffins around here, but our favorite kinds are recipes with chocolate. I know you’re going to love this Chocolate Chip Banana Muffin recipe just as much as we do. Also, if you do much baking, then I would highly recommend getting a USA Pan Bakeware Muffin Tin. They’re amazing because you don’t even have to spray the pan and the muffins just slide right out.
Lastly, be sure to check out the links below for a ton for muffin recipes. Happy baking friends!
How to Make Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins:
makes 12 muffins
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, sugar, brown sugar, and cocoa powder.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together bananas, eggs, vegetable oil, milk, and vanilla.
Mix wet and dry ingredients until just combined.
Fold chocolate chips into the batter.
Pour batter into muffin tins and top with additional chocolate chips, if desired.
Bake for 18 to 20 minutes. Let cool and enjoy!
Our Favorite Muffins Recipes:
Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
- 1 2/3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar packed
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil or melted butter
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 overripe bananas peeled and mashed
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips plus additional for topping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, sugar, brown sugar, and cocoa powder.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together bananas, eggs, vegetable oil, milk, and vanilla.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients until just combined.
- Fold chocolate chips into the batter.
- Pour batter into muffin tins and top with additional chocolate chips, if desired.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes. Let cool and enjoy!