Make this Quick and Hearty Instant Pot Beef Stew for a fast and filling meal that will warm you up on a cold winter evening!
This posts contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one of these links, we will make a small commission at no extra cost to you. See our Disclosure Policy for more information.
Instant Pot Beef Stew
I still use my slow cooker a lot, but I sure do love my Instant Pot. I normally use it for parts of meals such as baked sweet potatoes, rice, chicken broth, etc., however Beef Stew is a complete meal that I’ve made several times now and it’s been great every time.
You’ll have to plan ahead though because it takes some prep work to chop all of the veggies + time to come to pressure + cooking time + time to release pressure. I’d give yourself at least an hour and a half for everything to come together. You won’t be disappointed!
Beef stew is such a warm, filling and comforting meal that normally takes a good amount of time to simmer, but with this Instant Pot recipe you can have the comfort without having to wait too long! I know you will love this recipe for Quick and Hearty Instant Pot Beef Stew. Enjoy friends!
How to Make Instant Pot Beef Stew:
Dice onion, garlic, carrots and potatoes.
Turn on sauté function on Instant Pot. Add oil to pot. Add beef and let meat brown for 1 minute.
Turn beef over and add onion/garlic. Sauté for 1 additional minute. Turn off sauté function.
Add all other ingredients and hit the Stew/Meat (35 minutes) function.
Let pressure release naturally. Enjoy!
Want more easy Instant Pot Recipes? Here are a few of my favorites:
- Instant Pot Spanish Rice with Beef
- Instant Pot Turkey Chili
- 4-Ingredient Instant Pot Mac and Cheese
- Instant Pot Sausage and Lentil Stew
- Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana Soup
Instant Pot Beef Stew
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 lb stew meat
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced (or one tbsp)
- 3 medium carrots peeled and sliced
- 3 medium sized russet potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 quart tomato juice
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- salt & pepper to taste
- garlic & onion powder to taste
- Dice onion, garlic, carrots and potatoes.
- Turn on sauté function on Instant Pot. Add oil to pot. Add beef and let meat brown for 1 minute.
- Turn beef over and add onion/garlic. Sauté for 1 additional minute. Turn off sauté function.
- Add all other ingredients and hit Stew/Meat (35 minutes) function.
- Let pressure release naturally. Enjoy!