This post contains affiliate links. See our disclosure policy for more information.
My five-year old son was bringing in the eggs from our chickens one evening when he dropped the basket and cracked them all. At first I was annoyed, I mean those chickens work hard to lay eggs, you know? Then I decided to just chill out I mean he’s five after all and that’s when I whipped out my Waffle Maker and made up a few of these omelette waffles.
Let me tell you, I LOVED them. They’re quicker and easier to make than regular omelettes and I think they might even taste better. 🙂 I’ve been making them ever since and I knew I had to share the recipe with you guys.
I used ham and bell pepper as add-ins, but feel free to customize it to what you have on hand. Also, they can be a little tricky to get off of the waffle maker since they are not as firm as a regular waffle so be careful and don’t worry if you tear them because they’ll still taste great.
makes one omelette
2 tbsp milk
2 tbsp shredded cheddar cheese
additional add-ins (I used diced ham and bell pepper)
salt and pepper to taste
Step 1: Turn on waffle maker and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
Step 2: Whisk eggs and milk in a small bowl.
Step 3: Stir in the rest of the ingredients.
Step 4: When waffle maker is hot, dump egg mixture onto the iron and shut.
Step 5: Let cook 2-3 minutes or until eggs are cooked through.
Step 6: Removed from waffle maker, top with desired toppings (I like sour cream and salsa) and enjoy!
Yields one omelette
5 minPrep Time
3 minCook Time
8 minTotal Time
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp shredded cheddar cheese
- additional add-ins (I used diced ham and bell pepper)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Turn on waffle maker and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Whisk eggs and milk in a small bowl.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients.
- When waffle maker is hot, dump egg mixture onto the iron and shut.
- Let cook 2-3 minutes or until eggs are cooked through.
- Removed from waffle maker, top with desired toppings (I like sour cream and salsa) and enjoy!