Green Power Smoothie
I don’t know about you, but this time of year I start to crave fresh and healthy foods. I try to eat salads, but sometimes I’m just not in the mood which is why I love this healthy green power smoothie.
If you’re new to smoothie making then this recipe is for you because it tastes pretty mild and is even kid-friendly. I like a well-blended smooth consistency in my smoothies which is why I peel the apple and cucumber, but feel free to leave the peels on if you wish. Also, I like to add an additional boost of nutrients with chia seeds and hemp hearts, but if you don’t have these on hand you can leave them out.
I call this a Green Power Smoothie because I always feel a burst of energy after drinking it that helps me power through my day. Enjoy!
How to make a Green Power Smoothie:
Add all ingredients to blender.
Blend until smooth. If too runny add more ice and blend again.
Easy Green Power Smoothie
- 1 green apple peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/2 of medium cucumber peeled and chopped
- 1 cup spinach rinsed
- 1 cup plain or vanilla yogurt
- 1-2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp hemp hearts optional
- 1 tsp chia seeds optional
- 1-2 cups ice
- 1/4 cup milk
- Add all ingredients to blender.
- Blend until smooth. If too runny add more ice and blend again.
- Drink immediately.