This post was brought to you by SearchRx. All opinions are my own.
If you’re trying to save money and live a frugal life, then you’ve probably already realized that the little things matter and can really add up quickly. Being frugal and saving the most money is all about changing habits. Today I’ve put together a list of 30 Easy Ways to Reduce Household Expenses and Save Hundreds including things like groceries, heating/cooling costs, entertainment, health, clothing and much more. Of course there are many other ways to reduce your expenses and save money, but I wanted to keep this list small and manageable so that no one gets overwhelmed.
If you’re just starting out with your frugal living journey, I’d advise you to go slow and change one or two things at a time until they are normal for you and then pick a couple of other habits to change. It won’t happen overnight, but soon you will see how these little habits can save you hundreds of dollars in the long run. So enjoy the list and be sure to add your own way to reduce household expenses in the comment section.
30 Easy Ways to Reduce Household Expenses and Save Hundreds
1. Cook From Scratch
2. Buy Secondhand
3. Make Your Own Cleaning Products
4. Cancel Subscriptions
5. Hang Clothes to Dry
6. Lower Thermostat Temp in the Winter and Raise it in the Summer
7. Unplug Appliances Not in Use
8. Grow Your Own Food
9. Make Your Own Laundry Detergent
10. Take Your Lunch to Work
11. Make Your Own Coffee at Home
12. Use SearchRx to Compare Rates and Get Big Discounts on Prescriptions
13. Turn Lights off When Not in Use
14. Meal Plan and Shop Sales
15. Stay at Home
16. Eat Simple Meals
17. Drink Water instead of Juice or Soda
18. Make Your Own Chicken Broth
19. Utilize Your Local Library
20. Go to the Park instead of the Movies
21. Stop Eating Out
22. Eat Leftovers
23. Put Green Onion Stems in Water after use to Regrow More Onions
24. Clip Coupons
25. Lower the Temp on your Hot Water Heater
26. Cut up Old T-Shirts for Rags
27. Workout at Home instead of at the Gym
28. Consider Having a No Spend Weekend
29. Buy in Bulk
30. Cook Dried Beans in Your Slow Cooker and Freeze for Later
If you can get to where you’re doing most things on this list then I bet you will be surprised at how much you will be saving each month! What would you add to the list? I’d love to hear your tip!
Also, in case you missed it in the list, be sure to check out SearchRx which is a website and app that allows you to search for the best prices at nearby pharmacies on almost all FDA approved medications and also use coupons to save up to 75%! Anyone can use the app whether you have insurance or not and you can sometimes get a better price than your copay. Normally, you don’t know the price of your medication until you pay for it, but with this app you could potentially save a lot of money on your prescriptions each month!
You may also want to consider checking out SingleCare which also offers savings on prescriptions, but includes discounts on dental, vision and on-demand doctor visits. They are definitely worth checking out, especially if you have a lot of medical expenses each month.
Download SearchRX in the Apple Store
Download SearchRX in the Google Play Store
Missy Rakes says
Gutchie Spencer says
Jeanette Couvertier says