Try this flavor filled Homemade Sweet Potato Quick Bread for a delicious and easy treat that is sure to satisfy anyone on a brisk autumn morning! This post contains affiliate links, if you make a purchase through one of these links, we will make a small commission at no extra cost to you. See our Disclosure Policy for more information. Thank you for your support!
Homemade Sweet Potato Quick Bread
I really enjoy making homemade quick breads like this one for breakfasts and snacks. This sweet potato bread is like fall in a loaf pan. It’s sweet, spicy and delicious.
The nutmeg is pretty strong so, if you don’t happen to like that flavor, I would reduce the amount. You could mix things up by adding dried fruit, nuts or making them into muffins. I know you and your loved ones will enjoy this recipe as much as we did. Happy fall friends!
Can I substitute pumpkin in this recipe?
Yes, you can substitute pumpkin or butternut squash puree, although it may change the consistency of the batter and you may also need to adjust cooking times.
What’s in Sweet Potato Bread?
How to Make Sweet Potato Bread:
In medium bowl, mix nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and flour.
In separate bowl, mix sugar, oil, eggs, sweet potatoes and vanilla.
Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until just combined. It will be thick.
Pour into greased loaf pan and bake for 1 hour at 350 or until knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Looking for more homemade bread recipes? Here are a few of our favorites:
- Slow Cooker Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
- Instant Pot Banana Nut Bread
- Bread Machine Cinnamon Raisin Bread
- Homemade Blueberry Bread
Sweet Potato Bread
- In medium bowl, mix nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, baking soda and flour.
- In separate bowl, mix sugar, oil, eggs, sweet potatoes and vanilla.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and mix until just combined. It will be thick.
- Pour into greased loaf pan and bake for 1 hour at 350 or until knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
This recipe was originally published in November of 2015 and has been updated for your convenience.