Focaccia bread is an Italian flat bread similar to pizza dough, except it’s thicker and normally topped with cheese and herbs. It sounds complicated and exotic, but I promise you that it’s easier to make than regular bread. This is the perfect recipe for someone who is just getting into making yeast breads because it’s so, so easy. Plus, it tastes AMAZING!! Think homemade Pizza Hut Breadsticks, only better and that’s how this tastes. It pairs great with soups or you can dip it in olive oil and eat it by itself. Once you try this amazing bread you will be in love. I promise.
How to Make Focaccia Bread:
Dissolve yeast into water.
Add sugar and salt.
Add flour and mix until dough is formed.
Spray baking sheet and press dough into pan using wet fingers.
Top with butter or oil and other toppings
Let rise in warm place for 45 minutes.
Bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes.
Cut into squares and serve hot.
Easy Focaccia Bread Recipe
- 2 cups warm water test with your wrist
- 1 tbsp yeast
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 cups flour I used 2 white and 2 wheat
- 1/2 cup melted butter or olive oil
- Italian herbs
- Parmesan cheese
- Dissolve yeast into water.
- Add sugar and salt.
- Add flour and mix until dough is formed.
- Spray baking sheet and press dough into pan using wet fingers.
- Top with butter or oil and other toppings
- Let rise in warm place for 45 minutes.
- Bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes.
- Cut into squares and serve hot.