If your a gardener, then you probably have a widow sill or two piled high with ripe red tomatoes right now. And if your like me and don’t really have enough to can, then you might be wondering how your going to use them all up before they get too mushy!
Today, I’m gonna make a list of ways (as motivation and a reference for myself mostly) to use them up.
10 Ways to Use Tomatoes
1. Give them away!Gardeners are notorious for being extra generous. 😉
2. Slice a few up at every meal and add a little salt. Delicious.
3. Make BLTs. This is one of my FAVORITE ways to eat homegrown tomatoes.
4. Crush and simmer on the stove until you have tomato sauce for pizza or pasta. Add Italian seasoning and your good to go!
5. Mix some cherry tomatoes in with a pasta salad (or green salad, or potato salad, or any kind of salad!)
6. Make Salsa. Enough said.
7. Slice and let dry on the dash of your car for sun dried tomatoes.
8. Freeze them to enjoy later! (Instructions here.)
9. Make stuffed tomatoes. Hollow out and make mixture of rice, peppers, cheese, corn or what ever you like.
10. If you have enough, can them! There are MANY ways to can tomatoes: whole, diced, stewed, crushed, as a sauce, as soup, etc. (Instructions here.)
I hope you’ve enjoyed this!
Well, I’m off to make lunch (full of tomato-ey goodness, of course.)
What are you favorite ways to use tomatoes?
Homestead Barn Hop
Hearts and Homes
Teach Me Tuesday